As part of our Healthy for Life® initiative, we are proud to be working with the American Heart Association to improve the health of Americans 20% by 2020. Healthy for Life 20 by 20 introduces a unique health impact partnership model where a preeminent health advocacy organization and a leading food company work together to leverage their combined reach and resources as part of a multi-year collaboration designed to help millions lead healthier lives.
Recognizing the scope of the public health challenge, this innovative model works to:
- Impact the food environment through healthy menu commitments.
- Engage our consumers through health awareness, education and marketing programs.
- Support under-served communities through community based nutrition education curriculum combined with culturally relevant and family centric cooking classes.
- Improve the health and wellbeing of Aramark employees and their families through extensive workforce wellness programs.
Our Menu Commitments
We’re committed to providing you a broad selection of great tasting, healthy foods and beverages.
Our menus are created by experienced chefs who have a passion for food.
Our recipes are freshly prepared and made as close to the meal time as possible.
We feature fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins and low or non-fat dairy options.
We provide a vegetarian-friendly environment, with a variety of vegetarian or vegan choices.
We provide calorie conscious choices and make nutrition information available for all the food we serve.
When available, our menus include seasonal selections with local and sustainable products.
We're proud to serve culturally diverse menus, featuring traditional favorites, ethnic dishes and international flavors.
We are reducing the amounts of sodium and unhealthy fats in our recipes, and working with our suppliers to do the same in their ingredients.
We recognize and accommodate special dietary needs in a personalized, sensitive manner.
Our chefs and dietitians help take the mystery out of healthy eating with nutrition education programs and wellness events.
Individual support and attention for students with food allergies.
We recognize and accommodate your dietary needs in a way that's personalized, sensitive and supportive. In fact, we pride ourselves on working with you to make sure you can find the food that fits YOUR life. For more information or special dietary needs, please contact your campus dietitian or food service director.
Find the Food that Fits your Life
Brightly-colored, leaf-shaped messages make better-for-you choices easy to find. It’s a simple way to find the food that can help you be Healthy for Life®
- All Eat Well selections have great taste, wholesome ingredients AND good nutrition. They provide at least a full serving of nutritionally dense whole foods, and are lower in calories, saturated fat and sodium
- Our dietitians assure that selections paired with this nutritional highlights message have whole grains as one of the leading ingredients in the recipe.
- Vegetarian and Vegan selections now make up 30% of our menus. Our culinary team and dietitians assure that vegetarian selections contain no meat, fish or poultry.
- Our vegan selections contain no animal products of any kind. In addition vegan items can not include dairy, eggs, or honey.